And Other Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
A module is not rotating, what do I do?
- If your Picture Flap was just recently installed, it is possible that one of the power or data cables was not properly connected. Refer back to the install/setup guide to confirm the proper connection of all wiring to and from the module that is not rotating. If the wiring is correct and the board has already been rebooted and is still not rotating when given commands from the Web App, please call us at (215) 447-8915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
I want to send something to the board instantly, what’s the quickest way to do it?
- The quickest way to show something on the sign is to go to the “Create New” page, add in what artboard you want to see, then select “Instant Sequence”. You can also instantly interject other saved sequences from the “Repository” page even while your schedule is running.
When I select “Instant Sequence” nothing happens. What gives?
- The connection to the sign may have been interrupted. Reboot the sign via the settings page. If after a reboot the Web App is still usable but the commands are not reflected on the sign, check your network settings to assess any potential permissions issues.
I have some Artboards I’d like to save to use across different Sequences, what’s the best way to do this?
- We recommend setting aside a Sequence with a unique name (so you won’t accidentally delete it!) and store your frequently used Artboards in there. Then, when you have a new Sequence that you want to use one of those Artboards in, just click the “+” and select “Insert Sequence” and find your unique Sequence name. Then go in and delete out any Artboards you don’t want.
I have a Sequence scheduled during the correct time period but nothing is showing up on the Picture Flap. What happened to my Sequences?
- Double check the time zone in the settings. If the time zone is correctly selected (and your schedule has a Sequence with Artboards in it!) – then reboot the sign via the settings page. If after a reboot the Web App is still usable but the commands are not reflected on the sign, reach out to us directly.
After rebooting the sign I’m left on a blank webpage – what happened?
- Because the Picture Flap is hosting the Web App itself, when you reboot the sign it may take a minute before you can access the Web App again. Just hit refresh on the page about 30 seconds after you reboot.
I want some new flaps to refresh my signage. What do I do?
- Use the form above to contact Oat Foundry and we’ll start your art selection process, like when you first purchased your Picture Flap.
My Picture Flap is collecting some dust – what’s the best way to clean it?
- A microfiber cloth and some water should do the trick – be sure to turn off the Picture Flap before wiping it down and wet the cloth only, do not spray liquid on the Picture Flap! If you dislodge one of the flaps while wiping down, you can simply re-insert the tabs into the corresponding holes of the adjacent wheels.
Nothing is working, what do I do?
- If the Web App won’t show up that likely means the Picture Flap is not connected to the network or your device is not connected to the same network as the Picture Flap. Check all of your network settings first! This is the most common source and one we have no control over! Once you’ve confirmed the network is just fine, and the sign is getting reliable power – call us at the number above to go through some more in-depth troubleshooting.